The Bowl (BS&W)
The BS&W Bowl (Basic Sediment and Water) is a 3D sight glass created specifically for the drain port. The Bowl is designed to both condition monitor and to trap and purge bottom sediment and water.
- The rounded bottom and accompanying drain valve efficiently captures and purges both water and sediment that gravity pulls to the bottom.
- A built-in magnet captures and displays ferrous wear debris.
- A shield protects the outside of the valve from accumulating debris and impacts.
- Like other Luneta products, the Bowl provides a nearly 360° view of the oil thanks to the ultra-durable, crystal-clear and chemically resistant Tritan™ material.
- A built-in hex makes installation easy with a socket wrench or pliers.
- Two eyelets are provided for tagging useful information such as oil type and an oil colour change card.
- All of these features are packed into a single molded piece to eliminate leak points.
|BOWL.038.MAG||3/8" NPT Magnetic||3.7"||2.2"||2 1/8"||1.0 fl.oz.|
|BOWL.050.MAG||1/2" NPT Magnetic||3.7"||2.2"||2 1/8"||1.0 fl.oz.|
|BOWL.075.MAG||3/4" NPT Magnetic||3.7"||2.2"||2 1/8"||1.0 fl.oz.|
|BOWL.100.MAG||1.0" NPT Magnetic||3.7"||2.0"||1 13/16"||1.0 fl.oz.|
|BOWL.150.MAG||1 1/2" NPT Magnetic||3.0"||2.0"||1 13/16"||1.0 fl.oz.|
A = Width, B = Length, V = Volume
|Volume:||1.0 fl. oz.|
|Threads:||Varies (see table)|
|Dimensions:||Varies (see table)|
|Shipping Weight:||12 oz. each|
|Recommended Temp. Range:||-40°F to 200°F (-40°C to 93°C)|
|Max. Operating Pressure||65 psi./4.5 bar|
|Sampling/Drain Valves: ||Drain valve, spiral to open, turn to lock|
|Materials:||Bowl: High-impact Tritan™(a crystal-clear copolyester); Adapter: zinc-plated steel; Drain valve: brass; Magnet (optional): Strong neodymium rare earth magnet|
|Outdoor Compatibility:||UV-resistant to protect against long-term sun exposure|
|Chemical Compatibility:||Resistant to mineral and synthetic oils that are compatible with fluorocarbon elastomers (Viton™) and PMMA (acrylic) plastic|
|4x stronger||Made of high-impact Tritan™, a chemically resistant, crystal-clear copolyester|
|Single-piece Design||Molded-in 1.5" NPT male threads to elminate potential leak points|
|360˚ View||Large viewing surface with no obstructions for easy viewing of oil|
|Rounded Bottom||Patent-pending design for easy viewing and purging of sediment and water|
|Hex Nut||Easy wrench installation|
|Magnet||For capturing and viewing of wear debris|
|Brass Drain Valve||Spiral open, turn to lock|
|Shield||Molded to protect the valve|
|Eyelets||Attach ID tags and other information|
- Check and remove any debris from inside the Bowl
- Remove protective red cap from the magnet on the Drain Valve.
- Apply thread sealer to all threads before installation.
- Use a 2-1/8" wrench to tighten the Adapter into your drain port.
- Use a 9/16" wrench to tighten the Drain Valve into the Bowl.
- Do not over-tighten once the hex bottom out.